About the Role
The core of our Client Relationship Manager role is to develop a deep understanding of our clients’ needs and how we can help them achieve their goals. You will be the face of our business, and the person our clients reach out to for their sustainable packaging.
Our clients range from small and medium sized businesses to larger household names, all who care about their brand and their impact on the planet. Our clients approach us to help them find a solution in sourcing/procurement that is both sustainable and affordable.
This role will be fast-paced and needs a self-starter who can manage their own workload and shifting priorities day-to-day. As an early employee joining a rapidly scaling business, you will be well-positioned to directly make an impact on the business and to move into a senior role ahead of your tenure.
By joining us at this early stage, your responsibilities will be wide-ranging:
- Full ownership of the client relationship: from initial engagement to solution sales to customer retention
- Project management: planning, managing and delivering on the client’s sourcing needs, including acting as Project Lead and liaising with our Sustainability, Creative and Sourcing teams
- Best advice: providing best advice on the sustainability impact of various product choices, taking the client’s preferences and budget into account
- Price optimisation: analysing and taking ownership of the pricing and payment terms we provide to clients
- Innovation: providing comments to our Tech and Management teams to improve our business and the services we can offer to our clients
- Customer delight: using feedback and data, continually improve and positively surprise our clients
Our goal is to build a mission-driven environment for top talent with a desire to do their best work. To that end, we are flexible on your experience and specific skillsets. However, we would generally expect to see:
- Proven presentation and communication skills, both verbally and via email
- B2B sales experience
- Project management experience and high attention to detail to ensure delivery of multiple complex client projects on-time and meeting/exceeding expectations
- Passion and enthusiasm for both our clients as well as sustainability-related topics
- Appreciation of the value of teamwork, and natural inclination to go above and beyond to help your peers and the business as a whole
- Strong numerical and commercial acumen
- Ambition and drive to deliver the best results
- A track record of handling pressure as you grew in experience – very important given our scaling and growth journey
At Sourceful, our culture is based on our ambition to have a big impact and a big heart. We're a team obsessed with our clients, who look after one another and have no time for big egos.
You will be joining a high-performance team who works hard for each other and you will feel fully supported by our magnificent team to reach your best levels and our high standards.
We look forward to viewing your application!
Sourceful embraces and advocates for diversity and equal opportunity. We pride ourselves in helping businesses do better environmentally, socially and economically. As such, building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills helps us achieve our mission.
Our mission is to make global supply-chain sustainability more rigorous, transparent and achievable for every business.
Sourceful was founded in 2020 by Wing Chan and Shiran Zheng. Together they had spent years helping build and scale global brands. As they did, it became clear that sustainability poses major challenges for businesses.
Global supply chains are complex. Affordable options are scarce. Reliable data is thin. And the language around sustainability is opaque. With these roadblocks, businesses can't make progress — and they can't address the climate crisis.
Sourceful was created to fix this: to help companies overcome the hurdles they face, reduce their carbon footprint and offer their customers better choices.